In this post, I am going to look at various skin problems and treatments you can use to solve them or make them less defined. As we age some of our skin problems become more defined, and we also develop new skin problems over time.
A lot of your problems could be resolved simply by changing your diet and adding some ‘superfoods’ where you can.
How To Solve Skin Problems And Treatments Which Are Natural
Please note that this post may contain affiliate links, which means that I will get a small commission if you decide to purchase something, at no extra cost to you the consumer.
Combat Age Spots
Foods to help for age spots include Quinoa, as it contains high amounts of Vitamin B, which helps to reduce the dark melanin deposits that lead to age spots and other skin pigment-related conditions.
Dark Chocolate is also great in helping to reduce dark spots and pigmentation, because the flavonoids in chocolate help reflect harmful UV rays off your skin, thus helping prevent sunburn and fight skin discoloration.
“I was feeling really self-conscious about my age spots. I thought it was time to do something drastic, so I made a quinoa salad with fresh vegetables and started to eat healthier in general. Within two weeks of following this new diet plan, I had noticed that many people had complimented me on not only how healthy I looked but also the lightening of my age spots!”
Make sure to wear a moisturizer that contains an SPF level of 15 or higher, as this will also aid your skin in the fight against harmful UVA and UVB rays.
After a long week of meetings, deadlines, and tight schedules it can be difficult to look your best.
Fortunately, AHA Exfoliant is there for you! With the acids in this product assisting with leaving skin brighter, smoother, and more polished all thoughts about how tired you are will disappear.
Here is a great example of a natural exfoliant to try.
Paula’s Choice SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid Chamomile & Green Tea, 3.3 Ounce Pump Leave-On Gentle Exfoliator
- Non-Abrasive Leave-On Exfoliator gently removes dull skin, naturally revealing the radiance hidden underneath. Revitalizes the skin’s surface and helps keep skin hydrated by removing dead cells and preparing the skin’s surface to receive moisture.
- Paula’s Choice SKIN PERFECTING 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant with Glycolic Acid, Chamomile, and Green Tea can help minimize the look of discolorations and age spots, and with consistent use can increase skin’s firmness. Use after cleanser and toner twice daily.
- With antioxidants from green tea and other natural ingredients, and the soothing power of chamomile, plus the exfoliating benefits of glycolic acid, this unique lightweight gel soothes as it revitalizes your skin leaving it soft, smooth, and radiant.
- Using a chemical exfoliator is gentler on the delicate skin of the face & neck than an abrasive face scrub, which can cause micro-tears. An AHA face exfoliator delivers hydration and can reach the deeper, built-up layers of dead skin that scrubs don’t.
- Paula’s Choice Skincare makes products that work. No fragrance, no parabens, no fluff. Just effective, science-backed formulas that target any concern from wrinkles to breakouts.
Nuts like walnuts are great because they are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. Nuts are also an anti-inflammatory agent assisting in reducing the appearance of spots. When it comes to skin problems and treatments, nuts can work wonders.
Nuts that are high in Vitamin E, like Almonds will assist in repairing damage caused by blemishes.
Avocado is another miracle food full of essential fatty acids and B-Complex vitamins which assist in calming angry skin as a result of breakouts.
It’s not just your pimples that need attention. Your skin does too! Use a mask with calamine and tea tree oil to help fight the redness, as well as masks containing hops or menthol for refining purposes. Aloe Vera will also do wonders in hydrating you from within outwards while making sure new spots don’t form on top of old ones (and make it worse).
Combat Enlarged Pores
Kiwi fruit is full of Vitamin C, which will help to plump your skin, thus improving the appearance of your pores. Vitamin C will also stimulate collagen and elastin production, which helps in slowing the stretching and enlargement of pores.
Make sure your face wash is PH Balanced and contains plant-derived extracts will assist in the protection of your skin’s acid mantle. Make sure to remove all your makeup at night to combat enlarged pores.
Alcohol-free toner containing witch hazel, tea tree oil, and naturally derived plant extracts soothe the skin while optimizing it.
Combat Dull Skin
Carrots are high in Beta-Carotene, which is an antioxidant that protects the skin against sun damage and provides a healthy glow.
Broccoli is high in Vitamin C and E, which helps to brighten the skin and assists in keeping skin healthy and supple.
A good exfoliating scrub twice a week will also aid in the revitalization of your skin leaving it looking fresh, smooth, supple, and glowing.
Combat Dry Skin
Fatty fish such as salmon and herring contain high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids, which help to retain moisture and strengthen your skin’s protective barrier.
Cucumber contains one of the highest percentages of water content in food. They are also rich in vitamin A and vitamin C, which both works to help soothe skin and fight damage including dryness.
Use a creamy revitalizing mask with Aloe Vera and/or Evening Primrose Oil to help hydrate and rejuvenate your skin.
Tomatoes are rich in Lycopene, an antioxidant that will assist with the clearing of free radicals and help to reduce harsh lines.
Pomegranates are a delicious fruit that contains punicalagin which is the phenolic compound behind their natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
You’ll need to invest in some important skincare products if you want younger-looking skin. One of the best is a face serum that contains Hyaluronic Acid, which has been proven as an effective treatment for aging or mature skin types like yours. This one below is very reasonable and you can order it online simply by clicking the link or on the bottle.
Hyaluronic Acid Serum 1 oz, 100% Pure Organic HA, Anti Aging Anti Wrinkle, Original Face Moisturizer for Dry Skin and Fine Lines, Leaves Skin Full and Plump ASTERWOOD NATURALS Dropper Bottle
- This Hyaluronic Acid Serum evens skin tone for a brighter, more radiant complexion.
- It is organic and vegan for healthy and beautiful skin.
- No oils, parabens, fragrances, or sulfates added.
- All Asterwood Naturals Serums are never tested on animals.
“It’s easy to find ways out and away from wrinkles – just use your budget wisely.” What this statement means is that it is simple to find solutions that cost much money at all really!
Firming gels that contain lemon, hops, pin Tree. horsetail and rosemary extracts are also great for the age group of 28 onwards.
Please feel free to comment below if you have found any other great cures for skin problems and treatments you may have tried.